Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8

From: Jayashankar K B <Jayashankar(dot)KB(at)lnties(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Disable-spinlocks while compiling postgres 9.1 for ARM Cortex A8
Date: 2012-02-24 22:42:29
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hi Tom,

I tried to apply the patch. I succeeded in patching configure, configure.in and src/include/pg_config.h.in files.
But while applying the patch for src/include/storage/s_lock.h , I am getting an error.

This is how I am doing the patch,
1. I copied the diff output given in the link mentioned in the below email.
2. Changed the file names appropriately (patch file path is different from source file path. But I have initialized --- and +++ appropriately
3. Executed the patch command in the Postgres 9.1.1 directory as "patch src/include/storage/s_lock.h -i s_lock.h_Patch"
4. Got the following output
Hunk #1 succeeded at 252 with fuzz 1.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 292.
1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/include/storage/s_lock.h.rej

Thought of doing the failed patch manually. But couldn't understand what to do.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong and what I should be doing.

Thanks and Regards
Jayashankar