Re: DROP OWNED again

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DROP OWNED again
Date: 2005-11-19 00:59:04
Lists: pgsql-patches pgsql-www

> /*
> ! * Called to execute the utility commands GRANT and REVOKE.
> ! *
> ! * stmt may be a complete GrantStmt created by the parser, or it may be
> ! * missing the "objects" list and the "grantees" list. In this case,
> ! * they are taken from the second and third parameters, respectively.
> */
> void
> ! ExecuteGrantStmt(GrantStmt *stmt, Oid object, Oid grantee)

This seems like a really ugly API. What's so hard about expecting the
caller to construct a valid GrantStmt?

(I get the impression from a quick scan of the code that the comment
is a long way from telling the truth about what's really happening,
either.)

> + static void AlterConversionOwner_int(Relation rel, Oid conversionOid,
> + Oid newOwnerId);

If these are supposed to mean "AlterConversionOwner_internal", please
spell them that way. Sitting beside "AlterConversionOwner_oid", it
sure looks like the "int" is meant to be read as "integer".