Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: "dmitry(at)koterov(dot)ru" <dmitry(at)koterov(dot)ru>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reproducible "Bus error" in 9.2.3 during database dump restoration (Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS)
Date: 2013-03-05 21:04:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dmitry Koterov <dmitry(at)koterov(dot)ru> wrote:

> LOG:  server process (PID 18705) was terminated by signal 7: Bus error

So far I have only heard of this sort of error when PostgreSQL is
running in a virtual machine and the VM software is buggy.  If you
are not running in a VM, my next two suspects would be
hardware/BIOS configuration issues, or an antivirus product.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company