Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Darcy Buskermolen <darcy(at)wavefire(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: OK, ready for RC1 or Beta6
Date: 2004-12-03 22:05:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's too bad the buildfarm reports don't show more details about what
>> CVS pull they're using exactly.

> Snapshot is the UTC time at which the cvs pull was done.

That's good but it's of limited use to me, since the snaps are (I
presume) against the anonymous-CVS server which lags commits on the
master by I'm-not-sure-how-much.

> Clients report
> what files have changed since the last run, and also, in the case of a
> failure, what files have changed since the last successful run.

Cool, I had not seen it do that before. If we could get the CVS version
number of each mentioned file into that, it would go a long way towards
helping identify exactly what's being tested.