Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.2. This is a Bug?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Fabricio <fabrixio1(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0.2. This is a Bug?
Date: 2011-01-14 23:06:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

Fabricio <fabrixio1(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> Linux Slackware 13.1gcc 4.5.1

> This .so files works fine in older postgres's versions.Postgres has support for this, but postgres team says do not use it?

It's not whether the .so works, it's whether you can overwrite it while
it's already open in some process. I think you'll find that that
crashes any version of Postgres, or most other programs too. A bit of
googling turns up references like these:

http://www.mail-archive.com/um-linux(at)listserv(dot)umd(dot)edu/msg02922.html
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3855004/overwriting-library-file-causes-segmentation-fault