Re: Linux Distribution Preferences?

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, Shaun Thomas <sthomas(at)optionshouse(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Linux Distribution Preferences?
Date: 2013-01-14 22:19:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Le lundi 14 janvier 2013 à 18:03 +0100, Daniel Verite a écrit :

> On Debian/Ubuntu, the default behavior is to have SSL enabled out
> of the box, including for TCP connections to localhost.

It is in Ubuntu, but not in Debian.

To the OP : I maintain three servers using Debian stable, each facing
the internet. Lightly loaded (about 5 full time users each, using
specialized applications).

The only maintenance I have is to regularly do
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.

The only downtime I had in over two years was due a forced bios upgrade
by the hosting service, and I have no formal training in server
administration. Debian stable certainly works.

--
Salutations, Vincent Veyron
http://gdlc.fr/logiciels