Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ALTER TABLE OWNER: change indexes
Date: 2002-03-05 06:46:44
Lists: pgsql-patches

> OK, the issue with this patch is that it fixes ownership of INDEXES.

I thought the resubmitted patch did no such thing?

> Now, we are we going with this? Can we just remove ownership of indexes
> totally? And sequences?

How did you get from indexes to sequences? The issues are completely
different.

I'm in favor of considering that indexes and toast tables have no
separate ownership, and storing zero in pg_class.relowner for them.
However, I have not looked to see what this might break. It might
be more trouble than it's worth.