Re: Missing libpq error with pgadmin/postgresql-libs

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Missing libpq error with pgadmin/postgresql-libs
Date: 2013-01-07 10:58:50
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Hi Heikki,

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 11:48 +0200, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> I installed the postgresql-9.1 yum repository package on a Centos 6
> system, and followed by installing pgadmin with:
>
> yum install pgadmin3_91
>
> It installed the postgresql91-libs package to satisfy dependency. But
> when I try to launch pgadmin, I get an error:
>
> [heikki(at)centos6-x86-vm ~]$ pgadmin3
> pgadmin3: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5: cannot open
>
> Running this as root fixed it:
>
> ln -s /usr/pgsql-9.1/lib/libpq.so.5 /usr/lib64

That is not the correct fix (unless you don't install 9.2 at some
point). This is actually a packaging error. You won't see this when you
also install -server subpackage.

We already have an open ticket for this:

http://wiki.pgrpms.org/ticket/82

I have some free cycles nowadays. I'll fix it. Until then, please unlink
what you linked, then install

http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.1/postgresql/EL-6/postgresql-9.1-libs.conf

under /etc/ld.so.conf.d/

and then run