Re: init_htab causes SIGFPE (or worse) due to miscalculation for large nbuckets

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: init_htab causes SIGFPE (or worse) due to miscalculation for large nbuckets
Date: 2012-12-11 03:45:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> I hadn't gone any further than to code and test the functions I listed.
> If you are working on a complete patch, please press on.

Attached. This fixes my test case[1] and uses the functions that you
wrote. I made them static because I couldn't think of a reason for
something outside to call them.

Regards,
Jeff Davis

[1]: The test case will just eat a lot of memory right now, but that's
only because I set work_mem so high. So, it doesn't actually complete,
but it no longer corrupts the HASHHDR.

Attachment Content-Type Size
htab.patch.gz application/x-gzip 5.4 KB