Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doc patch, distinguish sections with an empty row in error code table
Date: 2012-11-08 17:55:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/08/2012 11:10:39 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Karl O. Pinc <kop(at)meme(dot)com> wrote:
> > In your generated output I see:

> > Successful Completion</span></td>
> >
> > It's just matter of CSS rule like
> >
> > td .EMPHASIS { font-size: 140%; }
> >
> > to make such labels more visible.
> > -------------------<snip>------------------------------
> >
> > If you have some way you'd like the css frobbed I can
> > do that. Or we can forget about it.
>
> Ah, well, as to that, I think you'd have to take that suggestion to
> pgsql-www. The style sheets used for the web site are - just to make
> things exciting - stored in a completely different source code
> repository to which I don't have access. Some kind of CSS
> frobnication along the lines you suggest might be worth discussing,
> but I don't really work on that stuff.

Without being able to pass additional style from the source
docs through to the html it seems a bit spooky to do this.
I'd be afraid of inadvertent styling. Someone who
knows more might not be so fearful.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein