Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Date: 2001-01-12 00:51:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su> writes:

>> Look at regress/input/create_function_1.source for hints from
>> SPI tests...

Um, you do realize that a contrib module that gets used as part of the
regress tests may as well be mainstream? At least in terms of the
portability requirements it will have to meet?

I'm unhappy again. Bad enough we accepted a new feature during beta;
now we're going to expect an absolutely virgin contrib module to work
everywhere in order to pass regress tests?