Re: WIP checksums patch

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP checksums patch
Date: 2012-10-01 02:19:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 2012-09-14 at 17:58 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> * we might want to make it slightly easier for external utilities, like
> for backup/replication, to verify the pages

Ideally, PageVerificationInfoOK should be available to external
utilities, so that someone might script a background job to verify
pages. Or, perhaps we should just include a new utility,
pg_verify_checksums?

Either way, where is a good place to put the function so that it's
shared between the server and the utility? In src/port somewhere?

Regards,
Jeff Davis