problem with recreating database with export

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with recreating database with export
Date: 2012-09-27 02:41:36
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a database export done via copy. It's all the tables, contraints, blah
blah.

I know (a couple of years ago) that I just used the defaults. REALLY fast btw, I
remember.

All the table create commands work fine.

I cannot get the whole file to import using (as postgres) psql -d database_name
-f the_file.sql

I get errors on \N and various other problems. I've tried dividing the file up
into:

table creation
one 'copy' of a table at a time.

One, a 35 mbyte seems to have errors on semi colons.

Dennis Gearon

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this
quickly."