Re: splitting htup.h

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: splitting htup.h
Date: 2012-08-30 21:03:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of mié ago 29 15:13:11 -0400 2012:
> Excerpts from Andres Freund's message of mié ago 29 12:10:17 -0400 2012:
>
> > > OK, scratch that thought then. So we seem to be down to choosing a new
> > > name for what we're going to take out of htup.h. If you don't like
> > > heap.h, maybe something like heap_tuple.h? I'm not terribly excited
> > > about it either way though. Any other ideas out there?
> > htup_details.h? That doesn't have the sound of "fringe details" that
> > htup_private.h has.
>
> htup_details.h seems reasonable, thanks.

Committed, with a slight adjustment that I had left out of this patch
but was present in a previous version of it: the function prototypes,
which in the last posted patch were to remain in htup.h, are now in
htup_details.h. So I removed access/tupdesc.h from htup.h. I had to
add #include "access/htup_details.h" to half a dozen more .c files but
that seemed a good tradeoff.