Re: "SELECT" problem on 7.0.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: George Moga <george(at)cicnet(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "SELECT" problem on 7.0.3
Date: 2001-01-12 00:36:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

What locale and encoding are you using?

Evidently the LIKE index optimization is failing, but I would
not have guessed that a string like 1:0: would cause a problem,
especially not if all the entries in the column contain just
digits and colons.

You can find plenty of material about LIKE+index problems in
the list archives. For 7.1, we've gone so far as to disable
the optimization altogether in non-ASCII locales (and I'm sure
we'll get complaints about that, too :-().