PQftype implementation

From: Pavel Golub <pavel(at)microolap(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PQftype implementation
Date: 2010-03-17 09:06:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello, Pgsql-hackers.

The script:

CREATE TYPE my_varchar;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_varcharout(my_varchar)
RETURNS cstring AS
'varcharout'
LANGUAGE 'internal' IMMUTABLE STRICT
COST 1;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION my_varcharin(cstring, oid, integer)
RETURNS my_varchar AS
'varcharin'
LANGUAGE 'internal' IMMUTABLE STRICT
COST 1;

CREATE TYPE my_varchar
(INPUT=my_varcharin, OUTPUT=my_varcharout, DEFAULT='',
INTERNALLENGTH=-1, ALIGNMENT=int4, STORAGE=EXTENDED,
TYPMOD_IN=varchartypmodin, TYPMOD_OUT=varchartypmodout);

CREATE TABLE my_varchar_test(
id serial primary key,
info my_varchar(100)
)

Here I created user-defined type "my_varchar" for internal tests. But
PQftype returns 1043 (varchar oid) for the "info" column.

I'm a little bit confused of such behaviour. What am I missing?
Ans where in the sources can I find the way server fills
res->attDescs[field_num].typid?

Thanks in advance.

--
With best wishes,
Pavel mailto:pavel(at)gf(dot)microolap(dot)com