PostgreSQL RPM Repository: Security announcement

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce ML <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL RPM Repository: Security announcement
Date: 2012-07-12 14:25:32
Lists: pgsql-announce

Hi,

Red Hat Inc's Information Security Team has recently contacted us about
a possible security issue with a previous PostgreSQL RPM repository.

A few years ago, when the project first started, the project used the
pgsqlrpms.org domain, which was first replaced by pgrpms.org, and the
replaced with the final location: yum.postgresql.org . During these
transitions, we made a lot of effort to make our users comfortable, such
as auto-updating the repo URL. However, there are a lot of articles on
the Internet that still point to the old URLs.

pgrpms.org is scheduled to be managed by the PostgreSQL NPO in Canada,
so it will stay as a community domain. However, pgsqlrpms.org is not
under our control anymore. All the links currently return OK, but
someone may one day place malware on the site, resulting in a security
breach.

So, if you are the YUM repo user, and are still using the very old
domain name, please update the repository RPM as soon as possible:

http://yum.postgresql.org/repopackages.php

If you want to verify that you are using the correct
repository/packages, please use this GPG key to verify your packages:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/keys/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

Feel free to contact me for any questions.

Regards,
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
PostgreSQL Community RPM Developer