Re: Add Server in PgAdmin 3

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ajendra Dubey <dba(dot)ajendra(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add Server in PgAdmin 3
Date: 2012-07-03 10:22:59
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Please, answer to the list, not me specifically.

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 15:38 +0530, Ajendra Dubey wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to add it by command line only, like when we install PostgreSQL
> from GUI installer, a server is automatically added there namely
> PostgreSQL 8.4 and a database is also there namely postgres. I need
> that option, when I install PostgreSQL silently then a server will
> also add and corresponding databases will reflect in PgAdmin.

Well, you either need to add some registry entries if you're on Windows
or you need to add some lines to the .pgadmin3 file on Linux. Not sure
if this is the same with Mac OS X, but you should better look at the
source file to do this.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info