Re: Numeric alignment in query grid

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Numeric alignment in query grid
Date: 2012-06-27 20:39:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 17:07 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> >> We have room, but adding settings for the sake of settings doesn't
> >> exactly contribute to usability...
> >
> > It does if there's a valid use case for either behaviour.
>
> Yes, but then it's not for the sake of settings, then it's for the
> sake of it being a reasonable usecase. I'm not convinced there is
> one...

Not convinced we need a setting now. And it would be really easy to add
one after a complaint.

> >> How about we do it without the setting, and then we can add the
> >> setting if somebody complains? ;)
> >>
> >> (Oh, and I don't suppose i can sneak this into 1.16, can I? :P)
> >
> > Err, no. Sorry.
>
> :)

Not sure when Dave wants to branch 1.16, but sometime soon would be a
good idea. There are already interesting things to add. I won't complain
if it doesn't come right away as I really don't have time for pgAdmin
right now. Completely overbooked.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info