Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comment on max_locks_per_transaction
Date: 2012-06-22 03:03:31
Lists: pgsql-docs

Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of jue jun 21 18:53:06 -0400 2012:

> > I don't know, because I can't see what's changed if you don't send a
> > diff. It would be fine if you sent a diff between plain text, to
> > illustrate what you mean, even if it's not the actual source code.
>
> Odd; nobody else seems to have had trouble understanding my post.

It takes a lot more effort, though -- I, for one, would read both
versions in parallel to see what differs (and I'm not Leonardo). If you
send a patch the differences are immediately obvious (assuming you don't
do anything silly like reflowing the whole paragraph).