AW: BUG #17672: Wrong logic of Postgresql Resporitory Naming and mirroring incompatibility

From: Mike Burgener <Mike(dot)Burgener(at)zg(dot)ch>
To: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: AW: BUG #17672: Wrong logic of Postgresql Resporitory Naming and mirroring incompatibility
Date: 2022-11-02 08:00:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

See quoted replies:

Here: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format

> I could not get landscape to mirror, as it quite strictly checks if the
> repository is in the correct format and it internaly reuses the
> $distribution name set earlier and globally as a variable value.

> Did you try setting distribution to focal-pgdg? Then everything should
> be consistent.

[>] Many tools don't allow this, landscape also not

> Maybe a quick on your repository to fullfill the Repository format standard
> could be to link/bindmount
>
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/focal/ to
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/focal-pgdg/ (stable)

> That doesn't work as the Release file mentions the name as well and
> apt will complain if it doesn't match.

oh, my bad sorry, maybe somebody else would have a good idea.

> Another special case i discovered on your repositories, you are using the
> Postgres-Version name like
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/focal-pgdg/12/
> actually that's not really needed, as your package-names for each major
> version seem to be different, you could just use
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/focal/postgresql and have all
> versions like postgresql-12 postgresql-13 etc. in the same release file, as
> thats selectable by apt later for example with "apt install postgresql-12"
> "apt install postgresql-13"

> Please see https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/pool/README for an
> explanation.

My error! Thx !

> My suggestion to have a proper repository setup which follows the guidelines
> would be
>
> https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/dists/focal/postgresql

> That would require you to set distribution = focal/postgresql. Is that
> any better?
Lol, I seem to have misread something last time, a landscape-api line like this worked properly: landscape-api create-pocket --mirror-suite focal-pgdg --mirror-uri https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt pgdg focal ubuntu main amd64 mirror mirror-key --mirror-gpg-key postgresql
So everything seems ok with your setup 😃

Maybe the landscape-api line is helpful for somebody else in the future

Thx

Mike