Re: Questions of the privileges to use the pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend function. Thanks.

From: josepdba <josepmv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Questions of the privileges to use the pg_cancel_backend and pg_terminate_backend function. Thanks.
Date: 2012-05-20 20:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I also needed to give the privilege to execute pg_terminate_backend to
non-superusers and I made it in a separate schema, too. But, to avoid users
killing other user connections I made another function that only gives the
option to kill connections made by the same user that's executing the
function.

I made a post in my blog:
http://dbadailystuff.com/2012/05/12/pg_terminate_backend-for-non-superusers/