clarififcation

From: gayathri jayapal <jgayathrisen(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: clarififcation
Date: 2007-02-14 09:22:23
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hai,

I started working on postgresql, I want to know how to write the " connect by" clause of oracle. My problem is i have a table with id, parent id. In same table i will insert the record with parent id as previous row id. I want fetch the records in the hierarchy. how do i do it.

Pls help me. I want to get in touch with developers and then i need to try multi master replication also.

Regards,
Gayathri