Re: Last gasp

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Last gasp
Date: 2012-04-10 20:12:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 2012-04-09 at 23:12 -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> But there is also a flip side to that, namely that if we do so, there
> ought to be some aspect to the process to help guide those items that
> *aren't* particularly close to being committable.

I have benefited immensely from review of my WIP patches, and a lot of
the serious review tends to happen during commitfests. This is most
important for features with a significant user interface, where it's
harder to guess what people will want.

My current strategy is to submit WIP-marked patches during a commitfest.

I agree that we should continue to have a mechanism to review patches
that aren't ready for commit, though I'm fine if we change it.

Regards,
Jeff Davis