should encoding names be quoted in error messages?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: should encoding names be quoted in error messages?
Date: 2012-04-09 19:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Encoding names are currently sometimes quoted (encoding \"%s\"),
sometimes not (encoding %s). Which one should we settle on?

In favor of quoting is that we do this for everything else. But since
the possible encoding names are known in advance, we know we don't have
to do the quoting to avoid ambiguities.

Opinions?