EDB - oracle compatibility (Nested Tables)

From: cognizant <sudipbajoria(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EDB - oracle compatibility (Nested Tables)
Date: 2012-04-05 15:16:30
Lists: pgsql-general

We are planning to move from Oracle to EDB(Postgresql 8.4). Also given the
oracle compatibility as layed out in the
document(http://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/en/9.1/oracompat/Postgres_Plus_Advanced_Server_Oracle_Compatibility_Guide-134.htm#P15974_787444),
Ideally there should not be any changes made on the Java side. We started
getting errors as soon as we hit the function using nested table. Please
suggest what changes should be made for the migration and also whats the
best approach to use nested table on EDB.

SQL code

create or replace
TYPE OT_Ref_Country AS OBJECT (
countryId Integer,
isoFullName Varchar2(256),
doNotUseIndicator Integer
);

create or replace
TYPE NT_Ref_Countries IS TABLE OF OT_Ref_Country;

FUNCTION getCountryList ( ip_countryId IN
Ref_Country.countryid%TYPE,iop_NT_Ref_Countries in out NT_Ref_Countries
) RETURN Number ;

Tks
Mike