Re: Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.

From: leaf_yxj <leaf_yxj(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.
Date: 2012-04-03 15:27:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom,

Thanks. I found out the key issue it. It's because the truncate command
can't have the "cascade".

For the other people reference. The right funcitons are :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION truncate_t (IN tablename text)
RETURNS VOID
AS
$$
BEGIN
EXECUTE 'TRUNCATE TABLE ' || quote_ident(tablename) || ';';
EXCEPTION
WHEN undefined_table THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION 'Table "%" does not exists', tablename;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE plpgsql SECURITY DEFINER STRICT;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION truncate_t (tablename text)
RETURNS VOID
AS
$$
BEGIN
EXECUTE 'TRUNCATE TABLE ' || quote_ident(tablename) || ';';
EXCEPTION
WHEN undefined_table THEN
RAISE EXCEPTION 'Table "%" does not exists', tablename;
END;
$$
LANGUAGE plpgsql SECURITY DEFINER STRICT;

usage : select truncate_t ('aaa');

Thanks everybody's help.

Regards.

Grace