Re: Adding links to alternate versions of doc pages

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Adding links to alternate versions of doc pages
Date: 2012-03-29 17:31:26
Lists: pgsql-docs

On tor, 2012-03-29 at 18:12 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > A related problem: At least a search on Google will usually find the
> > documentation of some old version. A search on Bing, however, doesn't
> > find the documentation at all. That indicates to me that there is
> > something seriously wrong in how the web site is constructed.
>
> Works for me. Aside from the version issue, I get very relevant results for
> a few test searches on Bing.

Hmm, interesting. I tried the example given at the beginning of this
thread "postgresql maintenance_work_mem", which didn't work so well.
("postgres maintenance_work_mem" is even worse.) Other searches appear
to work better and in most cases even prefer the current documentation
link.

Still, the overall quality of the results is quite bad.