[HACKERS] Re: Interested in writing a PostgreSQL article?

From: Andrzej Mazurkiewicz <andrzej(dot)mazurkiewicz(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: James(dot)Chalex(at)informit(dot)com
Cc: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [HACKERS] Re: Interested in writing a PostgreSQL article?
Date: 2000-02-25 13:31:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

James,
I would be interested in writing tutorial (a couple of parts) on basic
system design using postgres:
- specification,
- entity-relationship diagram + data flow diagram + state transition diagram
or slightly modified object diagram (CY) + state transition diagram using
Dome522 free case,
- refinements,
- grants and access,
- basic business rules in postgres (functions, triggers, constrains ..)
- preparing data definition (database) SQL scripts;
- preparing basic processing scripts in SQL,
- preparing basic perl/tcl processing scripts,
- preparing simple interface for importing data (data cleaning process),
- preparing of basic user interface (for example CGI script).

I see that in repeatible process starting from simplest case of 3 - 4
objects (tables) being refined to more sofisticated scheme including
successive constructs.

Of course it is a rough idea now. If you are interested I will prepare
detailed table of contents.

Regards,
Andrzej Mazurkiewicz

andrzej(at)mazurkiewicz(dot)org