error "permission denied for relation" on postgresql 9.0.6 during CREATE TABLE

From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error "permission denied for relation" on postgresql 9.0.6 during CREATE TABLE
Date: 2012-01-27 16:25:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I get this error while executing a CREATE TABLE statement.
This is my CREATE statement:

CREATE TABLE agenzia.BarcodeByDocumentInfo (
docId VARCHAR(17) NOT NULL,
defaultOp VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Append',
CONSTRAINT BcByDocInfo_pk PRIMARY KEY (docId),
CONSTRAINT BcByDoc_defOp_ck
CHECK ( defaultOp = 'Append' OR defaultOp = 'Overwrite' ),
CONSTRAINT BcByDoc_docId_fk FOREIGN KEY(docId)
REFERENCES agenzia.Documents(docId)
);

When I execute it on postgresql 9.0.6 I get this messages:

NOTICE: CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "bcbydocinfo_pk" for table "barcodebydocumentinfo"
ERROR: permission denied for relation documents

So, if I understand correctly the error message, this is a missing
permission a table "documents" that is only used in my CREATE STATEMENT
on a FOREIGN KEY constraint.

This is table "documents":

neos=> \d agenzia.documents
Table "agenzia.documents"
Column | Type |
Modifiers
----------------+-----------------------+----------------------------------
docid | character varying(17) | not null
description | character varying(45) |
protid | character varying(50) |
iscommondata | character(5) | not null default
'FALSE'::bpchar
tobecrypted | character(5) | not null default
'FALSE'::bpchar
islistofvalues | character(5) | not null default
'FALSE'::bpchar
isfulltext | character(5) | not null default
'FALSE'::bpchar
[...]
Check constraints:
[...]
Foreign-key constraints:
[...]
Referenced by:
[...]

I am owner of table "documents":

neos=> \dt agenzia.documents
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
---------+-----------+-------+-------
agenzia | documents | table | neos
(1 row)

I read the documentation about postgresql 9.0 and it seems the error
message is about permission "x". As you may see "x" is among my
permissions:

neos=> \dp agenzia.documents
Access privileges
Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges | Column access privileges
agenzia | documents | table | neos=arwdDxt/neos +|
| | | agenzia_r=arwdt/neos |
(1 row)

Do you have suggestion about this problem?

I thank you very much,
Giuseppe