Re: Broken attachment links in PG mail archives

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken attachment links in PG mail archives
Date: 2012-01-20 00:13:16
Lists: pgsql-www

Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of jue ene 19 20:58:10 -0300 2012:
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue ene 19 20:24:34 -0300 2012:
> > I went to
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00109.php
> > and clicked on the "attachment" link about halfway down the page,
> > and got "404 Not Found". Another message in the same thread,
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-02/msg00000.php
> > has two attachments ... the first one works while the second gives
> > "403 Forbidden" !?

Okay, for the ones returning 404, what must be happening is that you
must have had a cached copy of the message page. We recreated the
archive two days ago to make the text attachments show as attachments,
and the filenames of binary attachments changed. Refreshing that (as
you apparently already did, judging from the server logs) should give
you the right file.

I don't have an answer for the 403 one though; at least not yet.