Re: Server Configuration Tool not working

From: bluehandtalking <jet(at)whidbey(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server Configuration Tool not working
Date: 2012-01-05 18:50:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

It is rather a catch 22 regarding the support issue. I am using a Debian
Squeeze Linux
distribution, and the only stable security recommended release at this time
is PostgreSQL 8.4,
and pgadmin3 v1.10.5. Also, Postgresql has, I believe, about 2 more years
before it is no
longer supported. Sure would be nice if support cycle of pgadmin3 was more
in sync with
a longer support cycle.

My issue was basically that I was not installing the admin pack correctly. I
followed some instructions
that were wrong, so was not an issue with a bug.

I am posting the command that was 'wrong' for me (could be it works in other
situations), and the one that
got the server configuration tool working on my Debian Squeeze PostgreSQL
8.4 (with contrib/admin pack).

*Wrong:*

su - postgres
psql template1 < /usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack.sql

*Right*

sudo -u postgres psql -d postgres <
/usr/share/postgresql/8.4/contrib/adminpack.sql

Cheers,

Jet