CallableStatement PostgreSQL Error:A CallableStatement was executed with an invalid number of parameters

From: JavaNoobie <vivek(dot)mv(at)enzentech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CallableStatement PostgreSQL Error:A CallableStatement was executed with an invalid number of parameters
Date: 2011-11-24 04:13:08
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi All,
Im trying to write sample stored functions in postgresql and call them using
the CallableStatement offered by JDBC.

Here's some my test code
[code=java]
Consumer bean =new Consumer();
CallableStatement pstmt = null;
try {
con.setAutoCommit(false);
String query = "{ ? = call getData( ? ) }";
pstmt = con.prepareCall(query);
pstmt.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
pstmt.setInt(2,5);
pstmt.execute(); // execute update statement
bean=(Consumer)pstmt.getObject(1);
System.out.println("bean"+bean.getConsumer_name());
[/code]
And my Stored function is of the form .
[code=sql]
CREATE FUNCTION getData(int) RETURNS SETOF db_consumer AS $$
SELECT * FROM db_consumer WHERE consumer_id = $1;
$$ LANGUAGE SQL;
[/code]

However, I'm getting the following error when I try to run the code .

[code=java]
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: A CallableStatement was executed with an
invalid number of parameters
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:408)
at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:381)
at com.enzen.cis.dao.Updatetest.main(Updatetest.java:44)

[/code]
Any idea on why this is happening would be appreciated.