HTSQL 2.2 RC1 : a high-level query language

From: "Clark C(dot) Evans" <cce(at)clarkevans(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Announce" <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Kirill Simonov" <xi(at)resolvent(dot)net>
Subject: HTSQL 2.2 RC1 : a high-level query language
Date: 2011-11-22 22:13:21
Lists: pgsql-announce

Today we announce a release candidate for HTSQL 2.2,
a high-level query language for relational databases.
HTSQL is specifically designed for data analysts & web
developers and makes writing and maintaining complex
queries a pleasure. HTSQL can be used as a command-line
utility or as a web service.

In this release we added a beautiful query editor with
syntax highlighting & completion. We also implemented
a new configuration system to provide granular meta-data
customization and calculated table attributes for
commonly used query fragments.

Homepage: http://htsql.org
Download: http://htsql.org/download.html
Source: http://bitbucket.org/prometheus/htsql

For a detailed list of changes, see
http://htsql.org/blog/htsql-2.2-rc1.html

Let's us know if you have any questions!

Clark C. Evans & Kirill Simonov

HTSQL -- A Query Language for the Accidental Programmer

HTSQL ("Hyper Text Structured Query Language") is a high-level query
language for relational databases. The target audience for HTSQL is
the accidental programmer -- one who is not a SQL expert, yet needs a
usable, comprehensive query tool for data access and reporting.

HTSQL is also a web service which takes a request via HTTP, translates
it into a SQL query, executes the query against a relational database,
and returns the results in a format requested by the user agent (JSON,
CSV, HTML, etc.).

Use of HTSQL with open source databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite) is
royalty free under BSD-style conditions. Use of HTSQL with proprietary
database systems (Oracle, Microsoft SQL) requires a commercial license.
See ``LICENSE`` for details.

For more information,

http://htsql.org/
The HTSQL homepage