Re: complete uninstall of postgres 9.0.4

From: Arvind Sharma <arvind321(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Ramy Abdel-Azim <ramy(dot)abdel-azim(at)startdatelabs(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: complete uninstall of postgres 9.0.4
Date: 2011-11-07 15:42:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

If the regular /Applications/PostgreSQL 9.0/uninstall-postgresql.app doesn't help then there are manual steps which will remove ALL the elements of the PG

Manual Uninstallation:

1) Stop the server

sudo /sbin/SystemStarter stop postgresql-9.0

2) Remove menu shortcuts:

sudo rm -rf /Applications/PostgreSQL 9.0

3) Remove the ini file

sudo rm -rf /etc/postgres-reg.ini

4) Removing Startup Items

sudo rm -rf /Library/StartupItems/postgresql-9.0

5) Remove the data and installed files

sudo rm -rf /Library/PostgreSQL/9.0

6) Delete the user postgres

sudo dscl . delete /users/postgres