Re: very slow when writing query to file

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: boris pezzatti <boris(dot)pezzatti(at)wsl(dot)ch>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: very slow when writing query to file
Date: 2011-11-03 11:02:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, 2011-11-03 at 11:22 +0100, boris pezzatti wrote:
> I tested after column types, and the colum that appears to create the
> very slow behaviour is of type boolean. Retrieving only 1 column for
> 3000 records delays at ca. 1 minute.
>
> Do you know any possible reason?

That's good to know. I tried with a boolean column, which gave me 7
seconds for 10000 rows. Which doesn't seem much, but it's actually 7
times more than without the boolean column.

It seems we keep executing the same SQL command, 10000 times (actually
as much as your number of rows). And that is weird.

I'll look into this.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info