Re: BUG #6275: Horrible performance regression

From: Finlay Thompson <finlay(at)dragonfly(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6275: Horrible performance regression
Date: 2011-10-31 02:30:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom

Sorry for the delay.

The version of postgis didn't change, and when I rolled back to
postgresql 8.4.9 the expected performance returned. I am very confident
the regression was caused by the 8.4.9 upgrade.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose a long run script like this ? I can
easily turn on more logging, in both cases and compare ? Can I log the
query plans ?

Finlay

--
Finlay Thompson