Re: PgAdmin III shows removed PostgreSQL

From: Arvind Sharma <arvind321(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Detox <sklund(at)coastalhorizons(dot)org>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin III shows removed PostgreSQL
Date: 2011-10-28 17:02:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just right click on the Server Name and delete them.. This is just the pgAdmin Client side entry. Even if you have deleted the whole DB from the Server where you installed the PG, this stays till you remove it .

Arvind

This is my first post. I installed PostgreSQL 9.0 via EnterpriseDB. It was seen fine by PgAdmin. I was told I needed to installed ver 9.1, so I uninsalled PostgreSQL 9.0 as well as PgAdmin. I searched for any remnants using "locate" ( I am on a Centos 6 server).
I installed PostgreSQL 9.1 and PgAdmin again. Now PgAdmin shows the old PostgreSQL-9.0 still.
I have purged my system 3 times with the same results. It installed to /opt by default, and i see no instances of postgres-9 anywhere on the machine. Here is a screenshot. Can anyone help with a suggestion?