Re: Backend crash while indexing large strings

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: svanegmond(at)home(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backend crash while indexing large strings
Date: 2001-02-08 22:25:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org writes:
> The attached sql crashed Postgres 7.0.2 on a debian linux system
> (intel), using the packages 7.0.2-6.

I get

FATAL 1: btree: failed to add item to the page in _bt_sort (2)
before or while processing the request.

Is that the same thing you see?

The script does not seem to trigger the failure in current sources,
so I suspect the equal-keys changes I made awhile back fixed it.
But I will dig into the crash and make sure. Many thanks for providing
a self-contained test case!