Re: funny lock mode in DropTrigger

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: funny lock mode in DropTrigger
Date: 2011-10-21 04:01:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of vie oct 21 00:40:26 -0300 2011:

> Besides, the docs state that no backend code uses ShareRowExclusiveLock
> anyway (13.3 Explicit locking). I guess that if the patch to reduce
> lock strength in alter table goes in again, it'll need to update this
> chapter to match.

Ah, I also noticed that the ALTER EXTENSION and SECURITY LABEL commands
use ShareUpdateExclusiveLock, and they failed when committed to note
this in the 13.3 chapter of the docs. Not sure how strict we are about
documenting these things. (I note COMMENT already fails to document its
ShareUpdExcl lock).