Re: Isolation tests still falling over routinely

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <kevin(dot)grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Isolation tests still falling over routinely
Date: 2011-10-14 16:04:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mar sep 20 21:30:42 -0300 2011:

> The buildfarm is still showing isolation test failures more days than
> not, eg
> http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=pika&dt=2011-09-17%2012%3A43%3A11
> and I've personally seen such failures when testing with
> CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS. Could we please fix those tests to not have such
> fragile timing assumptions?

The fix has now been installed for two weeks and no new failure has
occured. The only failure in the IsolationCheck phase since then was
caused by a disk filling up (and it wasn't in the fk-* tests anyway).
I think we can consider this issue fixed.