Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Test suite fails on alpha architecture
Date: 2007-11-03 18:27:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Martin Pitt <martin(at)piware(dot)de> writes:
> The testsuite of 8.3 beta 2 fails on the Alpha architecture (versions
> up to 8.2 worked fine).

We redid some of the float error handling for 8.3, in hopes of getting
closer to the IEEE standard behavior for NaNs and infinities and so on.
I guess that isn't working on your Alpha. I have a vague recollection
that Alphas use non-IEEE floats so maybe this is not too surprising.

Can you grant one of us access to the machine to work on it?
Or poke into it yourself?