Re: feature request

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dmitriy MiksIr <miksir(at)maker(dot)ru>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: 2011-09-09 20:46:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 23:29 +0400, Dmitriy MiksIr wrote:

> 08/30/2011 03:31 PM, Dave Page пишет:
> > On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Tim Uckun<timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >> The drop down boxes in pgadmin don't have autocomplete and don't jump
> >> to the items that start with the character you type. Most of them
> >> have a very long list of items in seemingly random order (function
> >> return types for example) so an autocomplete would make this a lot
> >> easier to use.
> >
> > They do, if you use Windows or Mac. The controls suck on GTK though,
> > and don't offer all the events that wxWidgets needs to do the same job
> > on Linux/Solaris.
> >

> Some combo (for example "Maintanance DB" in New Server dialog) allow to
> type and select. May be switch "Data type" to this type of combo?

This kind of combo has a sense for the maintenance DB. We have no list
of the available databases. So, unless the user choose one of the most
likely ones, they have to type it. That kind of combo is not the good
one for the types combobox.

> Because it's really annoying to scroll all this datatypes...

Completely agree. But I'm still not sure the change you suggest is the
one.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info