Re: Fixes to index pages

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fixes to index pages
Date: 2001-02-22 00:10:30
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Tom, here are the changes I was thinking about to clean up a few areas
> in index pages tables. I will hold the patch until 7.2.

What happened to our discussion about keeping t_info bit 13 unused??

Still don't like the name "IndexTupleHasVars" ... sounds to me like that
means it has variables in it, which is not very sensical. Maybe
"IndexTupleHasVarlenas"?

Also, if you don't put some dashes around the comment in itup.h line
27ff, pgindent will munge it for you, just like it did for the last guy.
(Have I mentioned that I really hate pgindent's handling of comment
blocks?)