Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL

From: bhavesh1385 <bhavesh(dot)bece(dot)13(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL
Date: 2011-09-01 05:15:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello All,

I Want some basic compare of data type on PostgreSQL and MySQL.

I am Try to using create the database on PostgreSQL with the same query on
MySQL then it will create a problem...

I have make changes according to the Datatype of PostgreSQL and below are
the syntax for the query.

Into MySQL the Syntax Look like :-
---------------------------------
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `tbl_admin` (
`iadmin_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
`vemail` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`vname` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`irole_id` int(11) NOT NULL,
`vpassword` varchar(255) NOT NULL,
`estatus` enum('Active','InActive') NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (`iadmin_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

So i want to execute the same query into PostgreSQL and i try the same query
but error occur..

and i correct the syntax of the query according to PostgreSQL as following
------------------
CREATE TABLE tbl_admin1 (
iadmin_id integer NOT NULL,
vemail character varying,
vname character varying,
irole_id integer,
vpassword character varying,
PRIMARY KEY (iadmin_id)
)

---------------
NOTE :- Still I have some below confusion into following

[1] How to make Primary Key as a Auto Increment...?
[2] Suppose I want to put 'ENUM' data type then how i can do that ..?
[3] Please suggest me basic Data type Comparesion between PostgreSQL and
MySQL .. like :-

PostgreSQL MySQL
characte varying VARCHAR
integer INT

like that i want all the possible data type comparision.

Thanks,
Bhavesh Patel