Trouble including "pg_type.h"

From: bradg <bg4all(at)me(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble including "pg_type.h"
Date: 2011-08-29 17:24:02
Lists: pgsql-novice

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. After three days
of searching and reading and fooling around, I'm out of options.

I get compiler errors when I include "pg_type.h" in my project. The error
appears to happen around the line:
*CATALOG(pg_type,1247) BKI_BOOTSTRAP BKI_ROWTYPE_OID(71) BKI_SCHEMA_MACRO*

And the errors include:
*Parse Issue: Expected ')'
Parse Issue: Expected ';' after top level declarator
Parse Issue: Unknown type name 'FormData_pg_type'*

When I just import "libpq-fe.h" there are no compiler problems. And I am
able to successfully send and receive data in PostgreSQL.

The second I add "pg_type.h" I get problems. And I would like to include
"pg_type.h" so I can use the datatype oids in my program instead of
hard-coding the values.

For what it's worth. I'm programming in OS X 10.7 with Xcode 4.1 using the
PostgreSQL files from the EnterpriseDB one-click installer.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Brad