Re: tunning strategy needed

From: hyelluas <helen_yelluas(at)mcafee(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tunning strategy needed
Date: 2011-08-19 21:14:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

thank you, it is a great article.

the current on 8.1 checkpoint_segments = 3.
it looks too low for me , but I'm not tuning the 8.1 schema.

I'm looking for a generic approach of improving that beast while moving it
to 8.4

I'm trying to understand the internals for Views vs. Functions

there was none on 8.1 and I'm using pgpsql for 8.4.

Does it make sence to put view's sql into a function? would it save on
re-creating the execution plan and parsing?

thank you.
Helen