Postgres process

From: iliya g <gyozov2004(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres process
Date: 2011-08-09 03:26:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi guys,

I need some help discovering the processes that run on an instance. I know that there are many processes running on one instance and they are all called postges, but I was hoping you can help me find a way to uniquely identify each one of them. I want to discover what the process name is and what the does. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.