Re: atomic commit; begin for long running transactions , in combination with savepoint.

From: Syan Tan <kittylitter(at)people(dot)net(dot)au>
To: kittylitter(at)people(dot)net(dot)au, 'Trevor Talbot' <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: atomic commit; begin for long running transactions , in combination with savepoint.
Date: 2007-10-17 12:34:22
Lists: pgsql-general

my understanding was it used more resources than read committed
because it keeps track of the version id of rows selected
so far in a transaction, "transaction-level consistency",
so it has the potential to do the xmin co-selecting , and checking,
if it were a transaction isolation level in postgres.
google found my reference, and the reference mentioned it was
different from serializable.

On Mon Oct 15 9:09 , "Trevor Talbot" sent: