Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Vladimir Kokovic <vladimir(dot)kokovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch
Date: 2011-07-19 20:19:48
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 23:17 +0200, Vladimir Kokovic wrote:
> OK
>
> > Now that we can copy on the same schema, it shouldn't ask for an
> > extension, but for the complete name.
>
> I do not know how to do when the table has objects that each has a name!
>
> CREATE TABLE gk_vrsta_naloga_vk --NAME1
> (
> id bigint NOT NULL DEFAULT
> nextval('"''id_gk_vrsta_naloga''"'::regclass), --NAME2
> sifra character varying NOT NULL DEFAULT ''::character varying,
> CONSTRAINT gk_vrsta_naloga_vk_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id), --NAME3
> CONSTRAINT unique_gk_vrsta_naloga_vk1 UNIQUE (sifra, id), --NAME4
> CONSTRAINT unique_gk_vrsta_naloga_vk2 UNIQUE (id, sifra), --NAME5
> ... --NAMEn
> )
> WITH (
> OIDS=FALSE
>

> Suffix is much better solution ...

Good point.

I tried a few other things and it seems pretty solid. One of my tests
got a segfault: I copy all tables (4) in a schema, create a schema,
paste the tables in the schema. Segfault directly.

So I tried with a really small schema: only one object, a table,
declared this way: "CREATE TABLE t1 (c1 bigint);". With the previous
steps, I got a crash.

The threading is a great idea but it makes things a lot harder.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info